folaha فلها (المنتدى العام)
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

folaha فلها (المنتدى العام)

نرحب بجميع الأشخاص الذين يودون الانضمام والمشاركة والمساهمة معنا مع أكبر سلسلة من المنتديات التى تضم أكبر المساهمات الفعالة وأكبر عدد من الأعضاء وتقدم خدمات مجانية للأعضاءها الكرام

الرئيسيةالتسجيلأحدث الصوردخول

جامعة The Kings University College الكندية المحاسبة

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
admin
Admin
admin

المساهمات : 169
تاريخ التسجيل : 11/12/2007

جامعة The Kings University College الكندية المحاسبة Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: جامعة The Kings University College الكندية المحاسبة   جامعة The Kings University College الكندية المحاسبة I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء يناير 29, 2008 10:30 pm

جامعة The Kings University College الكندية

INTERNSHIP

An internship component is included as a degree requirement for the Bachelor of Commerce Degree to provide balance to students’ theoretical classroom learning with practical hands-on experiential learning. The Internship provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable real-world work experience while earning academic credit.

The Bachelor of Commerce Internship program (BUSI 489 Internship Preparation and BUSI 490 Internship Placement) is a structured and supervised professional work/learn experience within a business environment, government department, or not-for-profit organization. The Internship takes place between the successful completion of year-three and before the commencement of year-four studies. By then, it is expected that students will have gained the theoretical and technical knowledge as well as the initiative and understanding to contribute meaningfully in a ‘real-world’ business and management setting.

During the internship experience, students expand their horizons, develop new work skills, showcase their talents, and increase their confidence. At the same time, students introduce new ideas and creativity into a workplace, and become part of a professional network. Contributing skills, energy, enthusiasm; team building; meeting deadlines; presenting ideas; and receiving performance feedback are all part of the Internship learning for students.

When hosting a Commerce student-intern from The King’s University College, an employer becomes part of the learning experience; sharing knowledge, expertise, and enthusiasm for their organization and occupation.

TERMS OF THE INTERNSHIP (HOURS OF WORK, RATE OF PAY, DURATION)

Ideally, the Internship is a full time job that lasts throughout spring and summer terms; beginning in May and ending in August. The four month work term offers learning opportunities to work as part of a team, see projects through to completion, and develop good solid references for future job search. However, the internship minimum is 160 hours of full-time or part-time, paid employment or volunteer work. If done on a part-time basis during the Winter or the Spring/Summer terms, the student is required to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.

Rate of pay and hours of work are negotiated between the student intern and the employer. If the internship is unpaid volunteer work, it is still necessary to have a structured work environment consisting of a scheduled calendar of work hours and consistent lines of reporting.

EMPLOYER SUPPORT

The Management and Commerce program is fortunate to have the support of many committed employers who have enthusiastically provided Internship work opportunities for students. Students have completed their internships with local businesses and organizations in other provinces, the USA, and Africa.

LIST OF EMPLOYERS

WHAT’S BEING SAID ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE

WHAT STUDENTS SAY ABOUT THEIR INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE

“ I appreciated, and enjoyed my experiences, and can truly say I have gained insight on how tough it is to survive and prosper in the tough business world.”

“ I was really able to develop my team work, independent work, and problem solving skills.”

“ Overall, my experience was a great one and I’m very glad I did it. I think it will greatly prepare me for the future, as it developed not only work related skills, but many personal skills as well.”

“ This experience may be the bridge I need to help me get desired jobs in the future.”

“ A great experience. This internship …has greatly increased my confidence to take on new challenges and has taught me a lot about what it takes to be successful not only in business but in life as well.”

“ I also enjoyed this experience because of the things I learned academically. This job made me do more research in the communications and promotions process so it enhanced my knowledge of these concepts more.”

Admission Requirements: Canadian Applicants

Students should present five academic grade 12 courses, including English. At least four of these courses must come from the "Standard Courses" lists, and one may come from the "Non-Standard Courses" list, below. A minimum average of 60% is required.

Some programs have more specific prerequisites (e.g. BA Psychology requires Math). Check if there are additional requirements for the program you're interested in here.

For a list of acceptable high school courses by province, click the following links:

Standard Courses (Part I of II)

At least four of the five grade 12 courses presented for admission must come from the Standard Courses lists.

Social Studies
Math*

Province
English
Language Other Than English
Core
Other
Algebra
Calculus

AB/NWT
ELA 30-1
30-language French 20N/S
Social Studies 30
World Geog 30
Pure Math 30
Math 31

BC/YT
Engl 12
12-language
or 12A-language
History 12
Western Civ 12
Comp Civ 12
Geog 12

Principles of Math 12
Calculus 12

SK
Engl 30A/30B or ELA A30/B30
30-language
Social Studies 30
History 30
Scie Sociales 30
Geog 30
Algebra 30 or
Math B30/C30
Calculus 30

MB
Engl 40S (2cr)
40S-language
Western Civ 40S
World Issues 40S
World Geog 40S

Pre-Calculus Math 40S
Calculus 45A or Advanced Math 45A

ON
ENG4U
FSF4U or FEF4U or FIF4U or LBADU-LYXDU or LNAEO-LNOEO
CHI4U or CHY4U
CGW4U or CGU4U
MGA4U
MCB4U

PQ
Engl Lit 603 Series
Francais 601 or 602
6xx-language
History 330 Series
Geog 320
Series
Math 201

NB
Engl 121 or 122
122 or 6-language
History 121 or 122
Geog 120 or 122World Issues 120
Math 121
Advanced Math 120
Calculus 120

NS
Engl 12
12-language
History 12
Cdn History 12
Global History 12
Geog 12
Global Geog 12

Math 12
Pre-Calculus Math 12
Advanced Math 12
Calculus 12

PEI
Engl 611 or 621
621-language
History 621
Geog 621
Math 621
Adv Math 611

NF
Engl 3201Lit Herit 3202
Thematic Lit 3201
3200-language
World Hist 3201
World Geog 3202
World Problems 3204
Math 3200 or Advanced Math 3201

* Applied Math 30 from Alberta (or equivalents from other provinces) is not accepted for admission

Standard Courses (Part II of II)

At least four of the five grade 12 courses presented for admission must come from the Standard Courses lists.

Sciences
Fine Arts

Province
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Art
Drama
Music

AB/NWT
Biology 30
Chemistry 30
Physics 30
Art 30
Art 31
Drama 30
Music 30
Music 31

Science 30

BC/YT
Biology 12
Chemistry 12
Physics 12
Visual Arts 12

Art 12
Acting 12
Band 12
Choir 12
String 12

SK
Biology 30
Chemistry 30
Physics 30
Band 30
Choral 30
Orchestra 30

MB
Biology 40S
Chemistry 40S
Physics 40S
Art 40S
Drama 40S
Music 40S

ON
SBI4U
SCH4U
SPH4U
AVI4M
ADA4M or ATC4M
AMU4M

SNC4M

PQ
Biology 101 Series
Chemistry 202 Series
Physics 203
Art 520
Drama 560
Music 550

NB
Biology 121 or 122
Chemistry 121 or 122
Physics 121 or 122
Art 121 or 122
Theatre Art 120
Music 121 or 122

NS
Biology 12

Advanced Biol 12
Chemistry 12

Advanced Chem 12
Physics 12
Art 12
Theatre 12
Music 12

PEI
Biology 621
Chemistry 621
Physics 621
621-Art
621-Drama
621-Music

NF
Biology 3201
Chemistry 3202
Physics 3204
Art Des 3200
Art Soc 3222
Art Soc 3223
Theatre Arts 3220
Applied Music 3206
Non-Standard Courses

A maximum of one course may be presented from the Non-Standard list for admission.

Province

Social Studies Group
Religious Studies

Science

English

AB/NWT
Exper Psyc 30
Phil of Man 30
Appl Soc 30
Law 30
Microecn 30
Macroecn 30
World Hist 30
Intl Politics 30
World Rlg 30
Religion 35

BC/YT
Economics 12
Law 12
Bibl St 12
Chr Persp 12
Geol 12
Engl Lit 12
Writing 12
Journalism 12

SK
Economics 30
Psychology 30
Chr Ethics 30
Geol 30

MB
Can Stud 40S
Law 40S
Economics 40S
Family Stud 40S

ON
CIA4U HSB4M
HHS4M
HHG4M
CGO4M IDC4
CPW4U
HZT4U
CLN4U
SES4U
ETS4U
EWC4U

PQ

NB
Economics 120
Poli Scie 120
Law 120
Journalism 120
Cdn Lit 120

NS
Economics 12
Sociology 12
Poli Sci 12
Law 12
Cdn Families 12

Earth Science 12
Cdn Geol 12
Cdn Lit 12

PEI
History 631
Politics 621
Economics 821
Global Iss 621
Ocean 621

NF
Global Iss 3205
Christian Leadership 3204
Geol 3223
ENVS 3205
Folk Lit 3203
Can Lit 3205
Lit 3206

Admission Requirements: Mature Applicants
Mature students are 21 years of age or older by September 1 of the year of entry. Those mature students who do not meet all requirements can still be considered for admission, if:

they have completed English 30 or its equivalent, and
their high school record, letters of recommendation, and/or college entrance examination score indicate the potential for success in college, and
program-specific prerequisites have been met
Every application for admission as a mature student is considered on its own merit. Mature applicants may be required to write an English Language Studies Assessment Test administered by The King's.

Apply Now!

Admission Requirements: Program Prerequisites

Applicants should be aware that in addition to English, specific academic grade 12 courses are required to enter some King's programs. Students should include the appropriate courses when applying to the programs listed below. (See admission information on the B.Ed. after-degree)

Program
High School Prerequisites*

B.A. Biology

(3 year)
Biology 30**

Chemistry 30**

B.A. Chemistry

(3 year)
Chemistry 30**

Pure Math 30

B.A. Psychology

(4 year)
Pure Math 30

B.A. Environmental Studies***

(4 year)
Biology 30 or Chemistry 30

(both are recommended)

Pure Math 30

B.Sc. Biology

(3 year)
Biology 30**

Chemistry 30**

Pure Math 30

B.Sc. Chemistry

(3 year)
Chemistry 30**

Pure Math 30

B.Sc. Biology

(4 year)
Biology 30**

Chemistry 30**

Pure Math 30

B.Sc. Chemistry

(4 year)
Chemistry 30**

Pure Math 30

Physics 30**

B.Sc. Computer Science

(4 year)
Pure Math 30

B.Sc. Environmental Studies***

(4 year)
Biology 30 or Chemistry 30

(both are recommended)

Pure Math 30

B.Comm.

(4 year)
Pure Math 30

*Alberta high school codes listed – refer to course list for equivalents.

**Science 30 may also be acceptable with permission from instructor.

***Some concentrations in the Environmental Studies program will have further prerequisites

Admission Requirements: Home-Schooled Applicants

The King's University College welcomes students who have received their education through home schooling experiences. Home schooled applicants are evaluated for admission on an individual basis. We have determined the following application requirements to evaluate whether the student has the necessary course work and skills to be a successful student at King's.

Applicants who have been educated through home schooling for high school are required to submit the following:

Completed application form, including the application fee and letter of recommendation
If provincial departmental exams have been written, please have the transcripts sent to us straight from the government (eg: Alberta Education).
Recommendation of a qualified educator, normally the facilitator of the program
Demonstration of proficiency in English, to be determined either by:
the home school English mark, or
a satisfactory completion of the English Supplemental Test administered by King's
Note: It is in the student's best interest to present results of standardized tests in addition to the above requirements. Such tests may include provincial departmental results, ACT, SAT, or Abekka scores.

Apply Now!

Admission Requirements: International Applicants

Applicants from outside of Canada will be considered for admission on presentation of an academic high school program similar to the Alberta program.

All applicants to King's are expected to have a level of English proficiency sufficient to enable them to succeed in our programs. This proficiency must be demonstrated regardless of citizenship or country of origin. English proficiency may be demonstrated in one of the following ways:

Three years of formal, full-time study in a Canadian secondary or post-secondary institution with accepted English proficiency or a similar institution outside Canada approved by King's
75% on the Alberta ELA 30-1 Diploma Examination (not the blended grade) or 80% on Alberta ELA 30-1 (blended grade), or the equivalent from another province.
International Baccalaureate Higher Level English with a minimum grade of 6.0
Advanced Placement English with a minimum grade of 5.0
English 204 or 205 (or equivalent) with a minimum grade of B- (Alpha 4.00 scale)
Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment with a minimum score of 70
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 6.5, 5.0 on each band
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a score of 90
Completion of the ASPECT program to level 7
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
paper-based: 580 (or 570 accompanied by a Test of Written English [TWE] score of 4)
computer-based: 237 (or 230 accompanied by an essay rating of 4)
TKUC administered English Language Studies Assessment Test with an acceptable score

Get more information for International Students here.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

جامعة The Kings University College الكندية المحاسبة
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
folaha فلها (المنتدى العام) :: ثقافة و بعثات :: منتدى ثقافة العرب :: منتدى الجامعات (العربية,الأوروبية)والتعليم الجامعى :: منتدى الجامعات الخارجية(الأوروبية)-
انتقل الى: